Problems sleeping and Insomnia
A survey1 conducted by the NHS on a group of 6700 participants in 2011 found that just 38% were classified as “good sleepers” leaving 62% with at least some form of sleeping problems and 36% being severely sleep deprived. Suffering from poor sleep can lead to, among other things, a poorer mental well-being. Using a hot tub can greatly aid your sleep. The warmth of the water helps to make you feel relaxed and allow your mind to drift off to a different place. When you get out of the hot tub in the evening you will naturally feel tired, enabling you to fall into deeper, more natural and less disturbed sleep as your core temperature cools.
Pain relief and Arthritis
One major reason some people by a hot tub is to relieve the pressures of back pain, leg pain, neck pain, arthritis and so many more aches and pains. Hydrotherapy massage plays a key role in muscular pain relief. Some hot tubs are specifically designed to offer targeted hydrotherapy for problematic areas with verifying depths of tissues massage. In addition, hydrotherapy for joint pain by bathing in warm water relieves the pressure of gravity which makes movement much easier and less painful. The water doesn’t just support you either, hot tubs with varied jet pressure control can enable you to choose a massage that is comfortable for you. For severe joint pain, it is always advisable to begin any hydrotherapy aerobic exercise gently and build up slowly.
Stress relief and high blood pressure
The stresses of everyday life take their toll on your body and your mind. Pent-up anxiety with pressures at work, frustration with the kids or being constantly on the go just to name a few, can leave you feeling very tight and worked up. The pampering you receive from a hot tub helps to decrease stress and anxiety by stimulating endorphins, lowering your blood pressure after a soak, relaxing your muscles, and relieving pain. It stands to reason that if you feel better physically, you’ll feel better mentally! With less pain to worry about you’ll find yourself feeling better. Did we already mention hot tubs help sleep?
Mild exercise, weight loss, type 2 diabetes
It’s no surprise that a luxurious hot tub can make you feel relaxed but what about the other benefits? Exercise: The warmth of the tub raises your heart rate and lowers blood pressure, simulating exercise, causing you to sweat more. The benefits of sweating are widely known. Sweat allows the skin to breathe better, it unlocks pores and removes all those nasty toxins from your body. Weight loss: In a study2 by Loughborough University is was discovered that bathing for one hour at 40’c burned 140 calories (the same as a half hour walk). So whilst there will be no magical rapid weight loss, over time consistent use will help to burn off excess calories and support a healthier lifestyle. In the same study comparing bathing to cycling, it was found that peak blood sugar after eating was about 10% lower from bathing than cycling.
view more information on our Earth Spas at www.earthspas.com